Coloradans often boast that Colorado is among the best states to own a dog. It has a diverse and stunning landscape featuring deserts, mountains, and rivers. However, the people of Colorado still experience the daily pressures and stresses of the world like the rest of us. Therefore, licensed mental health professionals in Colorado and around the US are prescribing ESAs to deal with these stresses.
California has some of the most progressive state laws regarding emotional support animals in the country. Emotional support animals are already a protected class under certain laws. However, a large number of complaints to the Department of Housing and Urban Development are about discrimination relating to disabilities and a misunderstanding of the laws that protect ESA’s..
Animals are a huge part of our lives in many ways, and some animals are trained to help us through difficult times. Dogs are especially beneficial to our mental health and well-being. You’ve likely heard of service dogs or emotional support animals, but have you heard of a therapy dog?
There are many ways that people with mental or physical illnesses seek treatment. Taking certain medications and seeing a psychologist are a couple of options. However, one of the unique therapies is a type of trained canine – therapy dogs.
ESA Registration of American Blog
- 10 Best Emotional Support Cats Breeds
- How To Choose a Therapy Dog: A Basic Guide
- 10 Best Therapy Dog Breeds For Autism
- Do I Have To Tell My Landlord About My Emotional Support Animal?
- 7 Most Unbelievable Facts About Therapy Dogs
- What Are Emotional Support Animals Allowed To Do?
- How Do Dogs Show Affection? 15 Heartwarming Ways
- How Can An Emotional Support Dog Help A Veteran?
- 10 Best Dogs for People with Depression: What To Know
- An Interview with One of our ESA Therapists