f your companion is registered as an emotional support animal (ESA), he/she can legally accompany you onto the cabin of an airplane during flights. Your rights are protected under the Americans with Disabilities Act, but before flying with your ESA, it's important to know every airlines policy prior to booking travel.
While they are required to accommodate you, each airline may have slightly different rules when it comes to arranging travel for you and your companion. When it comes to living with an ESA, it's important to always stay as up to date as possible on the rules and regulations. Here is an overview of the policy on flying with your ESA for the major American airlines.
Happy Holidays from all of us here at ESA Of America! We know many of you will be traveling over the holiday season which means your Emotional Support Animal will also be along for the trip. However, the two things that don't always mix well are holidays and dogs.
ESA Registration of American Blog
- An Interview with One of our ESA Therapists
- Emotional Support Animal Harness - What Everyone Should Know
- Florida Emotional Support Animal Laws
- Obtaining an ESA Letter
- Uncovering the Amazing Benefits of Emotional Support Animals
- The Simple Steps to Getting an Emotional Support
- ESA Rights in California
- The Difference Between Emotion Support and Therapy Animals: FAQs
- How to prepare for bringing a dog into your home
- Choosing the Right Dog Breed for Your Lifestyle