Last Updated:July 15, 2020
Please Read Carefully
Use of Website
Collection of Information
Information You Provide
We collect information you provide, such as when you email us, register for any of our services, subscribe to our newsletter, or fill out forms on our website or otherwise. We may collect, but are not limited to collecting the following information: your name, gender, email address, mailing address, phone number, date of birth, employer, occupation, marital status, spouse or partner’s name, emergency contact’s name, phone number and relationship to you, payment credit card numbers, bank account number(s), bank routing number(s), stressful events that have occurred in the past, issues that have affected your life activities, emotional support animal’s name and photograph, how you plan to use your emotional support animal, education information, legal problems, family issues, physical or medical problems, current medications, and physician’s name. You may also choose to provide us with reviews and ratings of our Services. Your name will be associated with these reviews and ratings and made public. If you do not want this information shared, you should not provide it to us.
Information We Collect from Your Use of the Website
We collect information about you when you use our website including, but not limited to, the following:
- Account Information. When you register with us using the Site to create an account and become a registered user, you will need to provide us with certain personally identifiable information to complete the registration, including information that can be used to contact or identify you and credit card or other billing information in some cases.
- Device Information. We may automatically collect certain information about the computer or devices (including mobile devices) you use to access the website. For example, we may collect and analyze information such as (a) IP addresses, geolocation information (as described in the next section below), unique device identifiers and other information about your mobile phone or other mobile device(s), browser types, browser language, operating system, the state or country from which you accessed the website; and (b) information related to the ways in which you interact with the website, such as: referring and exit pages and URLs, platform type, the number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages and content viewed and the order of those pages, the amount of time spent on particular pages, the date and time you used the website, the frequency of your use of the website, error logs, and other similar information. As described further below, we may use third-party analytics providers and technologies, including cookies and similar tools to assist in collecting this information.
- Location Information. We may collect different types of information about your location, including general information (e.g., IP address, zip code) and more specific information (e.g., GPS-based functionality on mobile devices used to access the website), and may use that information to customize the website with location-based information, advertising, and features. For example, if your IP address indicates an origin in Los Angeles, the website may be customized with Los Angeles-specific information and advertisements. In order to do this, your location information may be shared with our agents, vendors or advertisers. If you access the website through a mobile device and you do not want your device to provide us with location-tracking information, you can disable the GPS or other location-tracking functions on your device, provided your device allows you to do this. See your device manufacturer’s instructions for further details.
- Cookies and Other Electronic Technologies. We may use the tools outlined below in order to better understand users. As we adopt additional technologies, we may also gather additional information through other methods.
- Web Beacons: “Web Beacons” (a.k.a. clear GIFs or pixel tags) are tiny graphic image files imbedded in a web page or email that may be used to collect anonymous information about your use of our website, the websites of selected advertisers, and the emails, special promotions or newsletters that we send you. The information collected by Web Beacons allows us to analyze how many people are using the website, using the selected advertisers’ websites or opening our emails, and for what purpose, and also allows us to enhance our interest-based advertising.
- Website Analytics: We may use third-party website analytics services in connection with the website, including, for example, to register mouse clicks, mouse movements, scrolling activity and text that you type into the website or mobile application. These website analytics services generally do not collect personal information unless you voluntarily provide it and generally do not track your browsing habits across websites which do not use their services. We use the information collected from these services to help make the website easier to use.
- Mobile Device Identifiers: Mobile device identifiers are data stored on your mobile device that may track mobile device and data and activities occurring on and through it, as well as the applications installed on it. Mobile device identifiers enable collection of personal information (such as media access control, address, and location) and traffic data. Mobile device identifiers help ESA Registration learn more about our users’ demographics and internet behaviors.
Information from Third Parties
We may obtain additional information about you from third parties such as marketers, partners, researchers, and others. We may combine information that we collect from you with information about you that we obtain from such third parties and information derived from any other subscription, product, or service we provide.
Aggregate or De-identified Data
Use of Information
We use the information that we collect for the following purposes:
- For the purposes for which you provided the information (e.g., to process your transaction and to respond to your inquiries);
- To personalize your experience with the website by informing you of products, programs, events, services, and promotions of ESA Registration, our affiliates, our partners and/or third parties that we believe may be of interest to you (See the “Opt-In Policy” below);
- To provide, maintain, administer, improve, or expand the website, perform business analyses, or for other internal purposes to support, improve or enhance our business, the website, and other products and services we offer;
- To administer online surveys or online sweepstakes or contests in which you choose to participate, and to provide notifications or deliver requested materials related to the survey, sweepstakes or contest;
- To fulfill your purchase from us, including to process your payments, communicate with you regarding your purchase, or provide you with related customer service;
- To contact you when necessary or requested;
- To customize and tailor your experience of the website;
- To send emails and other communications that display content that we think will interest you and according to your preferences;
- To send you news and information about our website and services;
- To track and analyze trends and usage in connection with our website;
- To better understand who uses the website and how we can deliver a better user experience;
- To use statistical information that we collect in any way permitted by law, including from third parties in connection with their commercial and marketing efforts;
- To prevent, detect, and investigate security breaches, fraud, and other potentially illegal or prohibited activities;
- To enforce the legal terms that govern your use of the website;
- To protect our rights or property;
- To administer and troubleshoot the website;
- To provide other users information about your experience, if you choose to provide us with reviews and ratings; and
- For any other purpose disclosed to you in connection with our website or services.
We may use third-party service providers to process and store personal information in the United States and other countries.
Sharing of Information
We may share personal information about you as follows:
- To contact you when necessary or requested;
- For the purposes for which you provided the information;
- With third parties to provide, maintain, and improve our services and website, including service providers who access information about you to perform services on our behalf;
- With our affiliates, partners or other third parties to allow them to contact you regarding products, programs, services, and promotions that we and/or they believe may be of interest to you (See the “Opt-In Policy” below);
- With third party sponsors of sweepstakes, contests or similar promotions to administer those activities and provide notifications or deliver requested materials related to the survey, sweepstakes or contest;
- In connection with, or during the negotiation of, any merger, sale of company stock or assets, financing, acquisition, divestiture or dissolution of all or a portion of our business;
- If we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with:
- any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request;
- to enforce applicable user agreements or policies;
- to protect the security or integrity of our website or services;
- to protect us, our users or the public from harm or illegal activities; and
- with your consent or upon your request.
We may also share aggregated, non-personally identifiable information with third parties.
When you supply us with personally identifiable information in connection with your use of the website, you may be asked to indicate whether you are interested in receiving information from us about our product and service offerings and if you would like us to share personally identifiable information about you with our affiliates, partners or other third parties for their marketing purposes. If you do choose to opt-in, you will receive such communications and/or we will share your information in accordance with your “opt-in” consent.
You may, of course, choose not to receive additional marketing information from us or choose not to allow our sharing of your personally identifiable information as follows: At any time, you can follow a link provided in our marketing-related email messages (but excluding e-commerce confirmations and other administrative emails) to opt out from receiving such communications; or at any time, you can contact us in accordance with the “Contact Us” section below to opt out from receiving such communications.
If you decide to contact us to change your contact preferences to opt out of receiving communications from us, please specify clearly which of the following choices you are opting out of: (a) receiving marketing communications from us; (b) allowing us to share personally identifiable information about you with our affiliates and partners for their marketing purposes; and/or (c) allowing us to share personally identifiable information about you with other third parties for their marketing purposes.
We will endeavor to implement your requested change as soon as reasonably practicable after receiving your request. Please be aware that your requested change will not be effective until we implement such change. Please note that if you choose not to allow our sharing of your personally identifiable information, we are not responsible for removing your personally identifiable information from the databases of third parties with which we have already shared your personally identifiable information as of the date that we implement your request. If you wish to cease receiving marketing-related e-mails from these third parties, please contact them directly or utilize any opt-out mechanisms in their privacy policies or marketing-related e-mails.
Please note that if you do opt-out of receiving marketing-related messages from us, we may still send you important administrative messages. You cannot opt-out from receiving these administrative messages. We reserve the right, from time to time, to contact former customers or users of the website for administrative purposes or in order to comply with applicable laws, rules or regulations.
Social Media and Third Party Platforms
We take reasonable measures, including administrative, technical, and physical safeguards, to help protect personal information from loss, theft, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, ESA Registration cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or from our online products or services, and you do so at your own risk. You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your password, phone, and computer by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, and keeping your log-in and password private. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR SAFEGUARDING INFORMATION ON YOUR COMPUTER AND OTHER DEVICES.
- We are not responsible for the email practices of other third parties (e.g., mental health providers) with whom you have shared your information. If you have questions about the privacy practices of third parties, you should consult their privacy policies.
- You can use our services to send an e-mail inquiry to us, which may result in an unencrypted reply being sent to an e-mail address that you provide. By using the e-mail service, you accept the risk of our transmitting information to your personal e-mail address, or such email address as you provide, in an unsecure environment. If you are receiving e-mail correspondence at an employer’s e-mail address, please note that the employer may be permitted by law to view the contents of any e-mail messages received at the address.
- Communication with mental health providers who provide ESA Letters may take place via phone, email, text message, online chat, and video. In requesting an ESA Letter you are consenting to receiving electronic communications from these mental health providers.
- E-mail, text message, and online chat functions available through the Site are not encrypted so you should not share sensitive information using these methods of communication.
Your Privacy Choices
How You Can Access and Update Your Information
You may update or correct information about yourself at any time or by emailing us at email@example.com.
Most web browsers are set to accept Cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject Cookies; however, our website may not function properly if you do so.
Options for Opting out of Cookies and Mobile Device Identifiers
If you are interested in more information about interest-based advertising and how you can generally control Cookies from being put on your computer to deliver tailored advertising, you may visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s Consumer Opt-Out link, the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Consumer Opt-Out link or TRUSTe’s Advertising Choices Page to opt-out of receiving tailored advertising from companies that participate in those programs.
Please note that even after opting out of interest-based advertising, you may still see ESA Registration’s advertisements that are not interest-based (i.e., not targeted toward you). Also, opting out does not mean that ESA Registration is no longer using its tracking tools. ESA Registration still may collect information about your use of the website even after you have opted out of interest-based advertisements and may still serve advertisements to you via the website based on information it collects via the website.
How ESA Registration Responds to Browser “Do Not Track” Signals
We are committed to providing you with meaningful choices about the information collected on our website for third-party purposes, and that is why we provide above the Network Advertising Initiative’s “Consumer Opt-out” link, Digital Advertising Alliance’s Consumer Opt-Out Link, and TRUSTe’s Advertising Choices page. However, we do not recognize or respond to browser-initiated Do Not Track signals, as the Internet industry is currently still working on Do Not Track standards, implementations and solutions. For more information about DNT signals, visit https://allaboutdnt.com.
Links to Other Websites
This website may contain links to other websites and those websites may not follow the same privacy practices as ESA Registration. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of third party websites. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of such third parties to learn more about their privacy practices.
ESA Registration does not knowingly collect or maintain personally identifiable information from persons under 13 years of age without verifiable parental consent, and no part of the website or services are directed at persons under 13. If you are under 13 years of age, then please do not use the website or services. If ESA Registration learns that personally identifiable information of persons less than 13 years of age has been collected without verifiable parental consent, then ESA Registration will take the appropriate steps to delete this information. To make such a request, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
No Rights of Third Parties
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) requires us to disclose the following information with respect to our collection, use and disclosure of personal information.
- Categories of Personal Information Collected:In the preceding 12 months, we have collected the following categories of personal information: identifiers, characteristics of protected classifications under California or U.S. law, commercial information, Internet and electronic network activity, geolocation data, audio and visual information, inferences drawn about your preferences, and other categories of personal information that relate to or are reasonably capable of being associated with you. For examples of the precise information we collect, please see Information We Collect from Your Use of the Website
- Business or Commercial Purpose for Collecting and Using Personal Information:We collect personal information for the business purposes described in the Use of Information section above.
- Categories of Sources of Personal Information:We collect personal information from you and the sources described in the Information You Provide, Information We Collect from Your Use of the Website, and Information from Third Parties sections above.
- Categories of Personal Information Disclosed:In the preceding 12 months, we have disclosed the following categories of personal information for business or commercial purposes: identifiers, Internet and electronic network activity information, commercial information, audio and visual information, geolocation data, inferred information, and other information that we have derived or inferred about you or that relates to or is reasonably capable of being associated with you.
- Categories of Third Parties with Whom We Share Personal Information:We may share your personal information with the third parties as described in the Sharing of Information section above.
- Sale of Personal Information:We do not sell your personal information.
Your Consumer Rights
California consumers have the right to request access to their personal information, additional details about our information practices and deletion of their personal information (subject to certain exceptions). California consumers also have the right to opt out of sales of personal information, if applicable. We describe how California consumers can exercise their rights under the CCPA below. Please note that you may designate an authorized agent to exercise these rights on your behalf by providing written materials demonstrating that you have granted the authorized agent power of attorney. Please note that if an authorized agent submits a request on your behalf, we may need to contact you to verify your identity and protect the security of your personal information. We will not discriminate against you if you choose to exercise your rights under the CCPA.
- Right to Know:You may request access to the specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you in the last 12 months. You may also request additional details about our information practices, including the categories of personal information we have collected about you, the sources of such collection, the categories of personal information we share for a business or commercial purpose, and the categories of third parties with whom we share your personal information. You may make these requests by contacting us at email@example.com or 888-316-0855. We are required by law to verify your identity prior to granting access to your personal information in order to protect your privacy and security.
- Deletion:You may request that we delete the personal information we have collected about you. Please note that we may retain certain information as required or permitted by applicable law. You may make these requests by contacting us at at firstname.lastname@example.org or 888-316-0855. We are required by law to verify your identity prior to deleting your personal information in order to protect your privacy and security. If you request to delete your personal information, certain of our products and services may no longer be available to you.
Privacy Rights for European Union Residents
If you are a resident of a country in the European Economic Area (“EEA”) or Switzerland, you have the right to access your personal information, and the right to request that we correct, update, or delete your personal information. You can object to the processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information, and request portability of your personal information. Similarly, if we have collected and processed your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent. If you have any questions or comments about the processing of your personal information, you may contact us at email@example.com or 888-316-0855.
How to Contact Us
ESA and Service Dog Registration
325 North Larchmont Boulevard
Los Angeles, CA 90004