ESA Registration of America has teamed up with a network of licensed mental health professionals to provide an online live video consultation service to prescribe written recommendations for an Emotional Support Animal.
The letter is what will determine the legal status of your Emotional Support Animal when renting a new home or flying on an airline*. It will protect you under the federal laws Fair Housing Act and Air Carrier Access Act.
Having the proper documentation for an ESA will exempt you from paying pet rental fees or pet travel fees depending on which letter you decide to purchase.
We currently offer a single travel letter, housing letter, or if you decide you can purchase both under the prescription package selection.
COLORADO RESIDENTS: WE NO LONGER OFFER EVALUATIONS DUE TO TELEHEALTH LAWS IN YOUR STATE.
*Please read before purchasing the Travel Letter.*
As of 2018, all major airlines in the USA will require that a customer traveling with an ESA complete a reasonable accommodation form. This form is provided by the airline and can only be completed by a Therapist who is currently treating you.
To qualify as being a “treated patient” you will need to pay the $130 for the initial evaluation through our website and then afterward purchase the extra treatment service package from the therapist. The extra treatment package is priced at $198.00 and will grant you 4 additional sessions.
If you plan on flying and your airline requires the reasonable accommodation form then you will need to meet the following requirements:
a. Live in either California, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Texas, or Wisconsin.
b. Purchase the additional sessions at $198.00.
If you meet these requirements and wish to continue please contact us to get you started. For those who do not meet the requirements and still decide to purchase the travel letter you will not be refunded for a completed evaluation.
This service is only available for those residing in the US and holding US citizenship. A government-issued ID is required and will need to be presented to the therapist at the time of evaluation. At this time we only provide ESA letters for Dogs and Cats. All other animals are excluded.
- Due to HIPAA compliance, all assessments will be conducted with a simple-to-use video, audio, and content sharing platform which works with any smartphone or webcam-enabled computer. Your assigned therapist will send you an email with the HIPAA compliant conference link and details. Please be aware before purchasing.
- Instant PDF download available after approval.
- If a landlord requires a reasonable accommodation form there is a $75 additional fee. Please note not all reasonable accommodation forms can be completed so please consult with ESA beforehand to verify. Reasonable accommodation forms can only be completed for those who have already undergone an evaluation with one of our licensed therapists.
- There are no refunds on completed evaluations and approval is based upon therapist recommendation. Our evaluations are contracted to a third party therapist company. ESA Registration of America does not conduct the evaluations nor responsible for denials.
- Once purchased you will be directed to the assessment page to continue the process before the live interview. For more info on the process please click here.