The ESA Registration has teamed up with a network of licensed mental health professionals to provide an online live video consultation service to prescribe written recommendations for an Emotional Support Animal.
The letter is what will determine the legal status of your Emotional Support Animal when renting a new home and protects you under the Fair Housing Act.
The therapist session is included with your purchase of the ESA letter.
As of January 2021, the Department of Transportation ruled that US airlines are no longer required to let ESA’s onboard free of charge.
American Airlines, Delta Airlines, JetBlue, Frontier, United Airlines, Alaska Airlines have all banned emotional support animals from traveling without paying their pet fee.
We recommend all customers to check with any other individual airline to get their most up to date ESA policy. Going forward we will not be writing ESA travel letters for the above airlines that have banned ESA’s. However, we will write ESA Travel letters for airlines that accept ESA’s.
Other Important Information:
OUR SITE REQUIRES YOU TO HAVE YOUR PET BEFORE APPLYING FOR AN ASSESSMENT. NO EXCEPTIONS
Having the proper documentation for an ESA will exempt you from paying pet rental fees or pet travel fees for airlines that still allow ESA’s.
We currently offer a single travel letter, housing letter, or if you decide you can purchase both under the prescription package selection.
This service is only available for those residing in the US and holding US citizenship. A government-issued ID is required and will need to be presented to the therapist at the time of evaluation. At this time we only provide ESA letters for Dogs and Cats. All other animals are excluded. If your state is not shown on the selector it means that we cannot offer the service to you due to restrictions in your state.
Age Restriction: No evaluations will be given for anyone under the age of 5. Those under 18 must have a guardian present.
ESA Limit: One letter per client. If you wish to add a secondary animal please contact customer support. Do not buy an additional letter.
Additional Disclaimer: It is your responsibility to determine if your landlord or state will accept our evaluation. We cannot gaurantee that it will work for each state as each state has different requirements or laws when it comes to telehealth services. If your landlord requires an ESA letter from a therapist licensed in your state please consult with ESA before purchasing. We are not responsible for denied letters.
- All assessments are HIPAA compliant and are conducted with a simple-to-use video, audio, and content sharing platform which works with any smartphone or webcam-enabled computer.
- Once purchased you will be directed to the assessment page to continue the process before the live interview. For more info on the process please click here.
- After you submit the assessment you will be able to book your appointment from the calendar. You will then get an email with the appointment link and instructions.
- Instant PDF download available after approval.
- If a landlord requires a reasonable accommodation form there is a $75 additional fee. Please note not all reasonable accommodation forms can be completed so please consult with ESA beforehand to verify. Reasonable accommodation forms can only be completed for those who have already received an ESA letter from one of our therapists. If your landlord requires this form you still have to pay for the evaluation.
- There are no refunds on completed evaluations and approval is based upon therapist recommendation and cannot be guaranteed in advance. Our evaluations are contracted to a third party therapist company. ESA Registration of America does not conduct the evaluations nor responsible for denials.