You’re entitled to a life free of emotional and psychological stress. Animal companions are proven to be an easy, safe, and natural remedy to depression, anxiety, panic attacks, PTSD, and more. Unfortunately, housing and travel restrictions often make it difficult for you to live your life to its fullest.
By receiving a prescription from one of our therapists for an Emotional Support Animal (ESA) you’ll never have to compromise where you live or where you travel again. Signing up for an ESA assessment with one of our therapists is quick, easy, and applies to animals of all shapes and sizes. Get an official prescription letter from a certified therapist, and be on your way to living stress and worry free with your Emotional Support Animal.
* Please note due to recent Policy updates in 2018 some major airlines will require a reasonable accommodation form that our therapist cannot complete. We advise you to check with the airline before purchasing a travel letter or contacting one of our customer service specialist. If you are flying with the following airlines we recommend you do not purchase the travel letter: Delta, United, American, Southwest, JetBlue, and Alaska.
You're on step 1 of 5
- Choose your ESA Letter – Travel, Housing or Both.
- Purchase your ESA letter.
- Fill out a brief online therapy assessment for your therapist to review
- Pick a date and time from the provided therapist calendar after submitting your assessment.
- During your scheduled time sign into your HIPAA compliant zoom video conference and speak with your therapist.
- After qualifying, receive your ESA Letter.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is an Emotional Support Animal (ESA)?
An Emotional Support Animal, or ESA, is an animal that provides therapeutic value to its owner. ESA’s are protected by the Fair Housing Act and Air Carrier Access Act. Emotional Support Animals are not limited to just dogs, but can be applied to any animal. Emotional Support Animals do not have to be trained to perform a specific task. However, they do require a note from a licensed mental health professional. ESA’s are allowed to live in pet free housing and fly in the main cabin of an airplane
It is a common misconception that emotional support animals are protected by the American with Disabilities Act. This is in fact not the case. ESA’s do not have the same rights as service dogs.
What is an ESA Letter?
In order to obtain an Emotional Support Animal (ESA) a prescription letter is required from a licensed mental health professional stating that the animal alleviates the stress caused by a mental or emotional disability.
Airlines require ESA travel letters to be renewed annually. ESA housing letters are not required to be renewed.
ESA Letter Requirements
If you are wondering “Do I qualify for an Emotional Support Animal?” it is important to understand the following requirements.
A large and growing percentage of the US population have a tough time coping with everyday activities. Typically, this is because certain life events or experiences have resulted in emotional or mental instability that impacts day to day life. These emotional disabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Panic Attacks
- Personality Disorder
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
The following are some examples of various symptoms related to mental/emotional disabilities:
- Feelings of depression or anxiety that continue for a couple of days or longer.
- Experiencing difficulty maintaining personal relationships with people.
- Developing irrational fears associated with otherwise normal life problems or situations.
- Inability or difficulty interacting with others in either a private or public setting.
If anything listed above describes your condition, you might qualify for an Emotional Support Animal (ESA). It is a proven fact that emotional support animals greatly reduce stress for people suffering from symptoms brought on by an emotional disability.
How do I qualify for an Emotional Support Animal (ESA) Letter?
In order to obtain an Emotional Support Animal Letter, you first need to complete the online assessment and then meet with one of the assigned therapist via a video conferencing application.
These are the steps you take:
- Purchase an ESA Evaluation Letter
- Fill out a pre-assessment evaluation form
- Schedule your video conference appointment
- Complete your assessment with a therapist
- Receive your ESA Evaluation Letter *based on approval*
After completing your evaluation and provided you qualify, you will receive an Emotional Support Animal (ESA) Prescription Letter which will allow you to fly, rent an apartment, and live in dorms with your emotional support animal.
What types of ESA Letter do you offer?
We offer ESA Housing Letters, ESA Travel Letters, and Housing/Travel combo letters.We also complete reasonable accommodation forms if required by your landlord for a fee of $75.
How to get an Emotional Support Animal (ESA) letter?
In order to obtain an ESA Letter a licensed mental health professional must determine that a person meets the federal definition of having a disability—whether it be physical, psychiatric, or intellectual—and that an emotional support animal provides a benefit for the individual with the disability.
Why should I choose ESARA for an ESA prescription letter?
The ESA Registration of America has joined forces with mental health professionals to provide Emotional Support Animal (ESA) Evaluations and prescription letters that allow qualified individuals to travel and live with their dog, cat or other support animal. Our team has written thousands of ESA prescription letters and our state of the art scheduling software ensures a seamless experience.
Which ESA Letter is right for you?
Purchase your ESA Letter
Fill out an online assessment form
Schedule your therapist appt.
Receive your ESA Letter
Which ESA Letter is right for you?
Step 1 of 5