Even if you don’t actively think about it, animals are an essential part of the human experience. We use them for manual power (think sled dogs and horse carriages). Humans also use animals for entertainment, companionship, and even their byproducts.
Emotional support animals play a crucial role in their owners’ lives. The comfort they provide helps alleviate symptoms of a disability or mental illness. Their calming presence can make someone’s life much more manageable.
Humans have turned to dogs as aides, guides, and helpers throughout history to alert, hunt, attack, and comfort. Our furry friends have fulfilled their duties over the years. Today, dogs have aid those with emotional and physical needs.
Few things can calm the nerves like the unconditional love and security from a dog. These affectionate animals are comforting, especially to those that suffer from mental health issues such as PTSD, depression, and anxiety.
ESA Registration of American Blog
- An Interview with One of our ESA Therapists
- Emotional Support Animal Harness - What Everyone Should Know
- Florida Emotional Support Animal Laws
- Obtaining an ESA Letter
- Uncovering the Amazing Benefits of Emotional Support Animals
- The Simple Steps to Getting an Emotional Support
- ESA Rights in California
- The Difference Between Emotion Support and Therapy Animals: FAQs
- How to prepare for bringing a dog into your home
- Choosing the Right Dog Breed for Your Lifestyle